Spring forward and fall back may be a daylight savings time expression, but I like to think it applies quite nicely to moving. Of the tens of millions of people who move in North America each year, many have no choice as to when they move. Real estate, family, and work all join in to play a role in dictating the timeliness of a move. However, for those of you who are at liberty to make this transition as stress-free as possible, consider the luxury of this: spring forward so you are settled to enjoy the fabulous summer weather and a well-deserved vacation, then fall back into relaxing routine in the autumn. Sounds good?
Here are Pony Express Moving Services ‘s best reasons why a Spring moving makes great sense:
- Weather can greatly impact the success of a move. In springtime most regions of the country experience fairweather days. Hefting heavy boxes on hot days, or wintery cold ones, is not fun!
- Availability of moving companies is likely to be better. The summer time is traditionally thought to be a great time to move, which means moving companies may be busier, right? Get a head start and book early!
- Kids are still in school so if you need their help, spring break could be an ideal time to move. On the other hand, if you want the kids otherwise preoccupied, school days are ideal. Spring is a win-win!
- Settle in to your new home in time for summer entertaining and holidays. Why give up your down time during the summer to facilitate a move when you can take care of the hard work first? Your housewarming party can be out on your new deck! And you won’t miss out on holiday time.
- New beginnings are irresistible and that’s what spring’s all about. Need I say more?