Safely Pack China and Other Fragile Dishware
If you have any china or fragile dishware, you should take extra care to safely pack these items before your move. China can crack easily if it isn’t packed properly. Take the extra time to make sure these items are secure before your move.
Packing Plates + Bowls:
- Layer the bottom of a box with packing peanuts or crumbled up newspaper.
- Pack the china plates on their side! It is safer not to stack the plates. Put newspaper between each plate.
- Fill the box with plates and bowls, then fill in additional space with packing peanuts, newspaper or bubble wrap. It does not matter which material you use, so long as there is no room for the china to move around in the box.
- Seal the top and sides of the box. Label which way the box should be facing, and which side should be the bottom. Also, label the box “china”, or “fragile”, right away so you don’t lose track of it!
Packing China Cups:
- Again, layer the bottom of the box with packing peanuts or crumbled up newspaper.
- Wrap each cup individually using bubble wrap.
- Use cardboard dividers in the box and stack the cups up in the separate dividers. Try to find dividers that are appropriately sized for the cups. If the dividers leave open space around the cups, fill that space in with packing peanuts or newspapers.
- Place a layer of packing peanuts or cardboard after each stack of cups.
- Don’t forget to label the box right away!
At Pony Express we are committed to helping you with a smooth transition into your new home. For questions about packing and moving services in your area, contact us today at 617-983-8700