February is the month of hearts, candy, and tons of red decor everywhere when you walk into a store. However, despite this being the month of celebrating love thanks to Valentine’s Day…there are several people who decide that they are moving during February.
In Boston area, the average daily temperature throughout February has a daily average of being around 41 degrees with a low of 24 degrees. However, keep in mind, we have set record temperatures during this time before with highs being in the upper 60’s, and even posting a negative 3-degree temp at one point in February over the past several years. It can rain, it can snow, it can be sunny, and it can be bitterly cold and windy. Therefore, if you decide to move in February, you need to remember a few things to make this go off without a hitch!
1. Make sure that you double-check all the moving details with us prior to your move. Remember, we can move in almost any type of weather. However, if you were to be dealing with several feet of fresh snow, it may mean having to postpone by a few hours until the roadways have been cleared.
2. Have some old towels on hand to not only cover the floors but to wipe off boxes that are coming into your new home if there is snow or rain falling.
3. To save you a huge bill, go ahead and lower the heat temp in the house. Remember, people are going to be coming and going with loads, there is no need to try to heat up the great outdoors!
4. Make sure that the sidewalks, driveways, and the like are cleared as best as you can. You may want to consider throwing down some sidewalk salt if you can to make this safer for everyone.
5. To help with the cold, why not have a crockpot of hot chocolate or apple cider heating in the kitchen. You will enjoy the warm beverage as the move is taking place, and your movers will appreciate this kindness as well.
6. Pack those winter essentials with you in your car, such as an extra coat, boots, and the like. You would hate to be ready to leave the house for your new home and realize that the winter gear you normally wear was packed and loaded onto the truck!
February can be a great month for many reasons, and it could be that moving into a new home is one of the reasons that you are excited for it to get here!